Monday, April 13, 2009

the chasm

I'm on an island at a busy intersection

I can't go forward, I can't turn back

Can't see the future; it's getting away from me

I just watch the tail lights glowing

One step closer to knowing

One step closer to knowing

-- From One Step Closer by U2

Here I am in this numb timelessness between the warm goodbye and a crisp hello. This landscape is littered with boxes and stray belongings; a desert governed by lists.

One step closer to going. One step closer to going.

2 comments:

  1. I am curious.

    Your blog is very interesting; May I ask your occupation and what you're in seek of in England?

    Keep up this amazing blog, and please keep us readers updated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Curious,
    I never planned for strangers to stumble upon this site. Welcome.
    As you can see from more recent posts, I am a teacher, although my move to the UK was not about my career. For me it was a way to experience life in a new town and to have access to so many amazing places for travel trips.
    I hope you continue to enjoy what you find here.
    Cheers,
    Carla

    ReplyDelete