Sunday, February 22, 2009

Beautiful Brisbane


"The true journey of discovery exists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes." - Marcel Proust
I took these photos last year when my sister Emily and I decided to be 'tourists' in our own town - to see Brisbane with new eyes. Today as I wandered along the river with my mother I felt a similar sense of grasping Brisbane in a fresh way.
This post is dedicated to the bits of Brisbane that make us love it. The buzz of Southbank; the bohemian chill of West End; the wired vibe of the Valley. Not to mention the sprawling 'burbs with their old Queenslanders and big backyards - with Hills Hoist, sprinkler and trampoline.

As a way of welcoming new blog readers, I'd invite you to comment to this post with a brief description of the things that, through your eyes, make little Brizzy great. If you're on facebook, just click over to the real blog here at http://carla-steppingwestward.blogspot.com/ and share your view. Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Brisbane...I love you. Others say you're too small and that they could never settle back down here again. I say, you just need to know where to look...

    Meandering at the Lifeline Bookfest + inspiration at Optimism exhibition + cupcake goodness at My Sweetopia = Perfect Brisbane day

    ReplyDelete
  2. well Carla, don't be appalled but I have never to been to Brisbane. However, I can still comment. Kevin Rudd calls it affectionately Brissy, and that's good enough for me!

    ReplyDelete